Reston Zoo is looking for a Guest Services Manager to join our staff.
We are a family friendly zoological park located on 30 acres in the middle of Fairfax County, Virginia. The collection includes small mammals, birds, primates, reptiles, domestic and exotic hoof stock.
A neat, clean appearance.
• No visible tattoos or facial piercings.
• Non-smoking workplace.
• Must have great people skills.
• Must be available weekends and holidays.
• Must have full-time, year-round availability.
• Must pass an extensive background check.
• Hiring, Training, Supervising and Scheduling of at least 6 employees/day in the Gift Shop, Paddle Boat and Ice Cream Cart areas.
• Responsibility for inventory of the Gift Shop, Janitorial Supplies, Office Supplies and First Aid Supplies to include ordering, stocking and displaying.
• Ensuring excellent customer service. GS Manager is the first point of contact for Guest Services issues.
• Responsible for all cash, POS, and credit card sales and deposits.
• Responsibility for booking and facilitating birthday parties and field trips.
• Other duties as assigned by Zoo Director.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of two years of experience as a retail manager.
• Experience with Supervising Employees, Ordering Inventory, Cash Handling and Deposits, and Customer Service.
Salary negotiable based on experience; Sick Pay; Insurance stipend; Paid vacation; 401(k)
Michelle Elliott—Reston Zoo Director